My home in IKEA FAMILY LIVE magazine

Wednesday 2 November 2011


Probably the most exciting news around here for a long time. 'Cos let's face it, I'm kinda in a slump on the whole interior decor/thrifting front. And let's be honest, how excited can you get about finding yet another sunburst mirror ?

Over the past twelve months, I have been contacted by various Ikea editors to see if I was interested in having some photos of my home published in their magazine. Hell, yeah ! 
But talk about things moving slowly. Case in point. The whole thing took over a year to come through...

Anyhow, it's now official. Drum roll please ! I got a two page spread in their Autumn 2011 edition and if you disregard the most horible photo ever taken of me (thank god, they only used a tiny black & white insert!), I'm very happy with how it all turned out. They used both my photos and my actual text. And yes, I really do think that Ikea does amazing textiles. But despite my hint about needing a new sofa, I didn't get any material rewards for my troubles. Not even a gift voucher for some cushions.Cheap bastards...

Ikea ! I still love you though, even if you're an ungrateful mistress.

6 comments:

  1. Wow and Congrats! Can't wait to get my copy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!! Does one get the copy at IKEA stores or do you have to be an IKEA Family club member? So very, very cool, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That's great and I love your home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah...well done..have to see if I find the mag

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this is so awesome! and the spread looks great - congratulations! i like that you call your home "eclectic retro" - fits perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! Nice to be futured in the IKEA mag!

    ReplyDelete

Fat Cat All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger