News on the Western front

Tuesday 13 July 2010

My obsession with West German pottery is growing and so is my collection.

I have been running behind on showing you my latest finds. So first off, a few Brussels flea market finds from a few weeks ago.

Bay vase in sh-sh-shiny red - 5 EUR. Brilliant !

A very different kind of glazing - very mat - on this pair of Dümler & Breiden vases. Paid 13 EUR for the two.

I love that you can still spot some air bubbles on the glazing.

Yes, another planter... This one I bought on ebay for 14 EUR (including shipping) and I am under the charm of the bold orange & turquoise colour combo.

The seller turned out to be a total dickhead, making me wait for weeks and then asking for an additional postage fee. I had to threaten him with bad reviews and ebay litigation before he finally sent me the planter... but definitely worth all the trouble.

And finally a narrow little vase - totally unmarked - but still West German I am guessing. Paid 18 EUR at Mouche for it. I find the fat lava glazing irresistable and that red...

1 comments:

Fat Cat All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger