3 Boch soup plates for EUR 6.50 - I really like the colours. Unfortunately, they are pretty scratched which you can't really make out on these photos... Oh well, for less than EUR 3.00 per plate, I don't really mind.
And with backstamp.
Too bad Boch went belly up a while ago. I really like(d) their designs. Plus they were local and I am all for buying close to home.
Now this, I can't wait for it to get here !!!
Carlton ware salt & pepper cruet - GBP 30.00 (including delivery). Not cheap I know, but how could I resist. My favourite animal and my two new favourite colours, all in one !
And see, there's two of them and together they form a little ball. How clever is that ?!
Wednesday, 4 November 2009
My latest ebay "folie" - six Boch desert plates in mustard colour for an incredible EUR 12.85.
I am still following the guy's other bids before picking up these puppies. So maybe by the end of the week I will also be the proud owner of three Boch soup plates and six dinner plates.
Tuesday, 3 November 2009
So much happened, it's hard to keep up.
- My computer died (I lost all my data, photos, everything !).
- My modem died as well - so no internet access for a week.
- And then I got sick (luckily, the cats are doing splendidly).
- On a positive note - the bathroom is almost finished. I just need to apply some itsy bitsy tiny finishing touches on one wall... and of course I can't get myself to do them.
- The bathroom decoration is also falling into place, largely thanks to the huge inspiration that is D16 's fabulous taste and tidyness. I am now only missing my dream shower curtain, but he has been ordered and should arrive any day now. Ugh, the suspense is killing me. And a new floor... These yucky beige tiles are also killing me...
- Biggest news of all : I FINALLY started on the living room project. Which means I FINALLY settled on a colour - yes, only one. Surprise, surprise ! Although I should really stop the teasing and FINALLY post some pics.
- Second biggest news : I have thrifted a fabulous 50's wooden sideboard. Well sort of an obese sideboard really - let me tell you, it is HUGE ! There is FINALLY going to be some order in the Fat Cat residence. Yeah, some serious Larsson-style organising.
- In the meantime, everything is a mess: discarded furniture in the hall (waiting to go down to the already overflowing cellar); discarded objects on the table, on the floor, everywhere; Ikea purchases still in their bags, crap, tools, paint everywhere ! The cats are having the time of their life, their home as turned into a giant adventure playground...
I am less than thrilled about the whole chaos, but starting to be really optimistic about the end result. The goal is to get it all done in time for Christmas ! I want all my folks congratulating me for a job well done.
Hhhmm, is that a bit too self-indulgent ?